Dear Mr Gavman: Dont Let My Child Be Defined By The State Of My Country


Joys Eggins wrote an important note to our government of the day;

Dear Mr Gavman

See this pic? That's my daughter. She's going to the market with her papumeri.

She's a beautiful little girl, full of life. Em misis tumas.

She's going to inherit a country different from her papumeri'. It'll be the one we make today.

Like every parent, I want what's best for her. I pray I can give her that. As far as I can I will.

But that means a lot of keeping up.

I don't want her to be defined by the state of her country. To be of poor health because there's no medicine. To be poorly educated because the schools can't deliver. To be limited.

She's going to grow up and quickly learn it's even harder for some of her friends. It will be heartbreaking to meet that friend who went through hell.

You see, they're all going to have dreams of one day becoming somebody. Wai bai nogat!

Mr Gavman but there are thieves lurking in the dark! They think it's OK to take away their dreams. 😡 em ol sunk blo moni na pawa.

They'll steal their dreams and force them to keep up.

That's our everyday Mr Gavman. It doesn't have to be theirs.

Comments